About the Challenge:
PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge (PZCCC) is an initiative of the PZ Cussons foundation which is aimed at improving the learning culture of Chemistry in Secondary Schools in Nigeria.
Chemistry is a dynamic and interesting discipline that cuts across all areas of human lives. It is the central science that is deeply ingrained in Health Care, Engineering, Business, Management, Government, Marketing, Product Development, Environmental Management and even Law.
The PZCCC initiative is an annual event that commenced in 2013 and has successfully completed 5 editions, only opened to schools in Lagos state,
The initiative was supported by Carex Handwash, In 2018 the initiative was sponsored by Premier Cool Deo Soap and Nunu milk
The 6th edition of the competition will ‘break’ the norm to strategically be a National competition that will cut across the GPZs. In the past editions of the PZCCC, housed brands had always sponsored the competition; this 6th edition however will be supported by Premier.
Application Deadline: 16th May, 2019.
Eligible Country (ies): Nigeria
Country(ies) of Competition: Nigeria
(i)The overall objective is to continue to make PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge the No. 1 platform for supporting the learning of Chemistry in Schools.
(ii)To promote the girl child education within Nigeria.
(iii)Recruiting new schools to the initiative
(iv)Deepen brand awareness and association for Premier
- SS 2 Secondary School Student
- School principals and proprietor
- Competition is open to all SS 2 Chemistry Students in Nigerian schools
- Students must be schooling within Nigeria.
- Secondary School and/or Parent Students are to be the sponsor(s) of the candidate Student
- Entries are Open to both Private and Public secondary schools.
- Entry is FREE.
- Registration would be strictly online.
- After registration candidates would be required to printout a computer-generated docket (with passport picture, name, school, passport, parent’s and principal’s name etc) for identification
- A unique code/ OTP/ exam number and full log-in details would be displayed telling the candidate when/ where to take the first phase of the exam
- Only the top 200 per state would make it to the ‘Activation phase’.
- The activation phase would be broken into 3 stages –
- Top 200 from the online test would seat across 3 CBT centres – Lagos, Abuja & Rivers
- Top 10 students from each centre would compete in Lagos, Abuja and Rivers in a practical test
- Top 2 Students from each centre would compete in Lagos on stage for the PZCCC title
Are you interested in taking part in the challenge, Click here to register
You can further prepare yourself by the online quiz.
If you are a student, click here to begin
A teacher?, click here